about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

print: book reviews

printable book review
Earlier in the week I mentioned feeling inadequate after looking at what other people have created. My thought process went something like this:

"Look at those great business cards! Why can't I ever come up with ideas like that?

They remind me of those adorable stamps, or those funny pads of paper! Why can't I ever come up with ideas like that?

Maybe I should work at coming up with an idea like that. Something sort of like that personal library kit.

What would it be like so that it was fun and cute and in the spirit of those things, while still being a Mollie idea?"

Yes, it really did work like that. I really don't want to be copying anyone, but I do want to be inspired by others. If you click through those links, you'll see that a lot of people use the multiple choice idea, and I like that. Their clever work inspired me to create my own.
printable book review
What I made is a printable book review. (I swear, I only saw this one 30 seconds ago!) On it you can write the book you read, what you thought about it, and whether or not you would recommend it to someone else. Oh, and I haven't really read the book reviewed on the sample in the photo. Well, I'm reading it, but I'm not finished yet.
book review
I also like that they double as a bookmark! You can keep it in your book as you are reading, and then it is right there for you to fill in when you are done. Or even as you are still reading!

They are a simple but fun little thing, and a small stack of them would make a nice addition to a literary gift. Hey...even kids could fill these out! (Or maybe kids need their own version with a more kid-friendly multiple choice? I'll work on that.)

29 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good idea and they're super cute too!
    I'll be using these - thank you!
    Love your blog btw :D

    Love, Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE!!! Like so much that I barely read your text cause I just stared at them! :-) Thank you for creating & posting them!

    These would be great when you're gifting a favorite book too! But a cute review inside the book to let your friend know why you're passing on the love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so lovely! I'm an elementary school librarian and I just ran out of book marks. These are delightfully perfect. I can't wait to share them with the kids! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaw - they're so cute!! :) And such a good idea, too, miss Mollie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Oh that's so cute!! I'm big on recommending books to people (just to pretend I'm well-read and cultured) This would be a FAB way to keep track of what I liked! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fantastic idea, I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just printed these off twice and I'm adding them to my "currently reading" section of my bookshelf. You always have such lovely printables. Thank you kindly for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:01 PM

    Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! I'm going to put some in my 5th grade classroom library! They kids will love them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Apr. 09, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Apr. 09, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness I love these! I've never seen an idea like this, I can't wait to print them off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love it!! :D
    Thank you for sharing :)
    Hugs&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:39 PM

    OH yes. :D
    I read books all the time!
    This is loverly. <3
    I will use this every day & hand them out because you are awesome and so am I. oh YES. Rejoice with me. OH YES. I AM SO HAPPY. :']

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a treat! i take out a lot of books from the library and im happy to print these out and include them inside when i return them, hopefully the next will find it :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Thank you for making these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, "I Capture the Castle" may be my favourite book! I love the setting and the characters and the romantic feeling of it all. I haven't read it in years!

    Those are lovely book reviews! Such a nice idea and your design is great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME!!! Mollie those are SO COOL! My mom would freak out. Such a good idea!


    xoxo
    Janee
    yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are simply adorable!! and genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so incredibly cute!!! :) I just printed them to share with my public library patrons, and then shared the link with my librarian friends! Amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are adorable! Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are amazing! We'd love to use this with our middle school students...is there an editable version where we can add a few more response questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have it set up as an editable PDF, but I would be happy to send you a blank version of the artwork, which you could import into Word. Drop me an email so I can send it to you! molliejohanson at gmail

      Delete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!